AGE: 7 - 13 YEARS OLD
6 WEEK CLASS
SEPT 21ST - OCT 26TH
COMIC BOOK is an exploratory drawing class.
Your child will be creating panelled comic strips both individually and as a group to contribute to the overall comic book. Each child will receive a printed comic following the 6th class.
Whether your child's interests in drawing are new or not, THEY will:
- Receive several hours of instruction and hands-on drawing time
- Learn fundamentals of drawing skills
- Learn sequencing, paneling and effective story telling strategies
- Be introduced to mediums such as pencil, ink and color
- Explore the different styles and history behind the world of comic books
Included in class cost:
- TWO Full color, professionally printed comic books
- Sketch book
- How-to manual with weekly custom drawing exercises
- Stickers from TOBY
- ATC size copies of some of their drawings (for practicing color & theory)
- All art supplies
FACILITATED BY: Toby Anderson
Who is this class for?
YOU! Anyone. Everyone. Great for absolute beginners. This class will give you a quick intro to help you discover what you like.
Do I have to have experience with art?
No, absolute beginners are welcome. Play with a buch of art supplies. find what you like best.
Do I have to be artsy or crafty to do this?
Nope. This is an entry level skill. If you have wanted to find out what craft appeals to you then this class is for you.
Is this like paint night?
No it is better ;)