BUILD A TERRARIUM
BUILD A TERRARIUM
PICK YOUR DATE
SATURDAY MAY 12TH 10:00AM-12:00PM
THURSDAY MAY 17TH 7:00-9:00PM
THURSDAY MAY 31ST 7:00-9:00PM
THURSDAY JUNE 14TH 7:00-9:00PM
THURSDAY JULY 12TH 7:00-9:00PM
Why this DIY Terrarium class is for you?
Always wanted a garden but live in an apartment? Want greenery year round? Love plants in general and succulents in particular? Now you can create your own mini-greenhouse using succulent or air plants and decorative elements. Our friendly and knowledgeable instructor will give you care advice. All plants, containers and materials will be provided. So go ahead and brighten up your home with a little plant power!
- Choose your container OR bring your own. (Details below)
- Pick from a wide selection of plants
- Customize with decorative elements
- Assemble your terrarium
- Learn plant care techniques
TERRARIUM WORKSHOP OPTIONS:
Flora Terrarium Workshop includes all the supplies needed to make your terrarium. You can choose between the following options:
You bring your own container
If you have a container that you already love! $55
The container is supplied by us
You choose that night from the selection provided by Flora. See samples below. Yes. This includes the glass containers or "leaded" and glass geometric shape containers. Shown below. $75
Facilitated by Zoe Hanson ( Flora Plant Co)
Photography by Matt Duguid
FUN PLANT FACTS
- Breathe Easier - Plants and people are natural partners. Adding plants to interior spaces can increase oxygen levels.
- Release Water - plants release moisture vapor, which increases humidity of the air around them. This decreases the incidence of dry skin, colds, sore throats and dry coughs.
- Purify Air - Plants remove toxins from air – up to 87 percent of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) every 24 hours. What?! Truth!
- Improve Health - People with plants have lower heart rates and blood pressure, experience less fatigue and anxiety.
- Sharpen Focus- students demonstrate 70 percent greater attentiveness when they’re taught in rooms containing plants
To improve health and reduce fatigue and stress, place one large plant (8-inch diameter pot or larger) every 129 square feet. In office or classroom settings, position plants so each person has greenery in view.
To purify air, use 15 to 18 plants in 6- to 8-inch diameter pots for an 1,800-square-foot house. That’s roughly one larger plant every 100 square feet. Achieve similar results with two smaller plants (4- to 5-inch pots).
Do I have to come to all the dates listed?
NO! You sign up for ONE of the dates listed. You can make your terrarium project in one workshop.
Who is this workshop for?
YOU! Anyone. Everyone. This is easy for beginner crafters to learn the basics.
Do I have to have experience with plants?
No, absolute beginners are welcome. Our instructor will teach you to care for your plants to help them stay alive and thrive.
Do I have to be artsy or crafty to do this?
Nope. This is an entry level skill. You need to get out be social and do something with your hands? This workshop is for you.
Is this like paint night?
No. It is better. ;)